Banner/Link exchange proposal (fwd)

corliss at alaskapm.org corliss at alaskapm.org
Wed Dec 22 12:30:28 CST 1999

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Jeremiah Johnson wrote:

> I fully understand that.  BUT how often is the reply intended for the
> list, and how often is it untended for a single person.  This is a list,
> not an address book, and if most of the traffic doesn't go to everyone,
> then the list should be dissolved, because its not doing its job.  If most
> of the traffic goes to the list, and not to an individual person, then why
> should I have to go through that extra step to get the To: field to say
> what I want it to say?
>
> When I reply, I want everyone to see it.  That's what a list is
> for.  That's why I joined, because its a discussion group, not a list of
> people to talk to one on one.
>
> I don't want to have to do extra work to get this list to behave like
> every other list on the planet.

Not to beat a dead horse, but if the majority agrees with you, we'll change
it.  But, honestly, what's wrong with doing a reply-to-all?  In theory, that
should take exactly as many calories as a reply, and outside of someone
getting one extra e-mail, works the way you want.

I'm waiting on everyone's input before doing anything, but I do think that
we're making mountains out of mole hills, here.

	--Arthur Corliss
	  Perl Monger/Alaska Perl Mongers
	  http://www.alaskapm.org/