Wow! First Real Working Perl Script!

Fielder George Dowding fgd at alaska.net
Sun Apr 4 22:07:44 CDT 1999

Greetings Fellow Anchorage Perl Mongers!

I can officially say that since I just mongered my first perl script. I
have been updating a web site on a monthly basis by hand. It involved a
masthead image (gif) plus a variable number of page images (also gif).
To say the least the work was tedious and fraught with errors. It was
especially difficult to increase the number of pages from one month to
the next.

This thing I cobbled together today (after my post Easter Dinner nap) in
about four hours has really delighted me. It was scary how fast it
created the html files.

Now I have more questions on how to do other things like automatically
put the date time group where I want it.

Cheerio for now!
--
Fielder George Dowding dba Iceworm Enterprises
fgd at alaska.net             iceworm at customcpu.com
909 Chugach Way Lot 35, Anchorage, Alaska, US 99503-5667