[albany-pm] Pick a talk, any talk

Mark Fowler mark at twoshortplanks.com
Mon Feb 3 11:26:18 PST 2014

Hello,

I'd like to speak at the next meeting.  Here's a list of random talk
topics I can give one of at the next tech meeting:

a) Testing the CPAN way

The structure of Perl tests on CPAN;  TAP;  Test::More and friends;
Interesting Testing modules on the CPAN.  Writing (and testing) your
own test module.

b) Exceptional Exceptions

How Perl handles exceptions, including gotchas on early Perl.
Exception frameworks and additional syntax.  Talk about my "err"
module to quickly define exception hierarchies.

c) I \x{2665} Perl \x{ff06} UTF-8

Everything you wanted to know about UTF-8 with Perl but were afraid to ask.

All 20 minutes long.  If anyone has a favorite, let me know.

Mark.