[albany-pm] "Albany" release of Perl 6

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Wed Apr 24 13:24:23 PDT 2013

I know we haven't had a meeting in ages, but as I recently volunteered to
cut a release of the Rakudo Perl 6 compiler, I took the liberty of naming
the release after Albany.pm

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.compiler/2013/04/msg8862.html

You should also check out Jonathan Worthington's recent work on porting nqp
(not quite perl, the mini-Perl 6 that Rakudo targets) to run on the JVM in
addition the parrot VM. Once Rakudo itself runs on nqp-jvm, this means
you'll be able to run Perl 6 code inside your JVM. Combine this with the
"use v5;" work being done, and you'll be able to run perl5 on perl6 in your
JVM.

Jonathan's blog is at http://6guts.wordpress.com/

I for one am hoping to edge us closer to the point where I can fire up a
Mojolicious-6 app inside a JVM as an alternative to ColdFusion.

Also, probably time for a beer/coffee meeting.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda