[albany-pm] Next Meeting

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Thu Jul 15 12:08:42 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Will Coleda <will at coleda.com> wrote:
> I have returned from YAPC! There will be a meeting in July!

I am continuing with my delusional plan to host a meeting. Anyone
similarly crazy is welcome to join me.

I am scheduled to release the next version of Parrot next Tuesday, and
then the Rakudo Perl 6 compiler on Thursday; that pretty much rules
out next week for me.

So, I'm looking at the last week in July. I'm leaning towards more
social, just to make connections with other local mongers (even if
we're all only closet mongers)

> Anyone who has access to facilities who can score us a room, please
> let me know; Something on a college campus would no doubt be spiffy. I
> will also pursue some leads off list.

I realize it's summer break, and so any students are probably not
available. If we do get any, we can always meet at a union if there's
no transport. We're not going to need a projector, I'm sure. =-)

Barring that, leaning towards some place with beer or coffee. We've
had meetings at Professor Java's on wolf in the past, so I know that's
convenient to someone. =-)

> I'd like to talk about Modern Perl, including the changes in the
> release cycle, new features, what we can expect in terms of new
> versions going forward, Perl 6 (and Perl 5!), and modules and
> strategies that will help you start using Modern Perl, for fun and
> profit.

And I'll do this even if I don't have a projector. ^_^

--
Will "Coke" Coleda