[albany-pm] Fwd: Re: tech events in and around New York

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 12:58:47 PDT 2010

the original message was this:

Hi NY.pm,

as you might know I maintain a list of tech events on the wiki of
The Perl Foundation that might be interesting for Perl hackers to
attend.

So far I have only one event in New York:

2010.08.1-7  DebConf  http://debconf.org/

and one in Ithaca, NY which, at least from where I am, looks like near-by.
2011.03.24 EdTechDay http://www.ithaca.edu/edtechday/

Is anyone of the Perl Hackers planning to attend those?
Maybe giving a Perl related talk?
Setting up a Perl booth?

Do you maybe know about other events that are not in the list yet?
I'd be happy to add them to the list and then see if there is going to be
any Perl related presence on those events.

And then they told me to check out Ithaca and Packy also pointed to
Albany that is a bit closer.

In short I am trying to spam^h^h inform all the PM lists about various events
around them and try to nudge them into a bit more activity.

I even left off the link to the wiki where I have the list of events:
http://www.socialtext.net/perl5/index.cgi?events

regards
   Gabor