[albany-pm] So, what's new?

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Thu Sep 7 10:59:23 PDT 2006

My work has been focused more on J2ME than perl lately, though I've
been keeping up with (and contributing to) parrot development
(including JSON, tcl, and APL implementations) as time permits.

I know a few of us went to YAPC::NA (I gave a presentation on APL,
which isn't very perlish either. =-), anyone make it to OSCON?
Anything to report?

Been reading up on someone's efforts to port CGI to perl6, and how
the new language makes some things much clearer and cleaner. First
post at: http://pugs.blogs.com/pugs/2006/09/improving_cgipm.html

Finally, anyone interested in contributing to parrot but not sure
where to start, there's a list of "cage cleaning" tasks that provide
(hopefully) small or at least focused tasks for people to work on.
Good intro. Feel free to join us on #parrot on irc.perl.org for more
information: Check out:

http://www.parrotcode.org/cage-cleaners/
http://www.parrotcode.org/cage-cleaners/todo.html
http://xrl.us/owsd (Link to rt.perl.org)  [ a list of open CAGE