[albany-pm] Hi! Can anyone please help give me a ride to a meeting, if there are any?

Kevin Meltzer albany-pm at kevinmeltzer.com
Thu Jun 22 12:25:07 PDT 2006

Man, all these months I didn't have mutt set to alert me when I get
emails from this list.

Anyone into the ponies? Races up here start next month. Maybe we can
have a fun day at the races to all get acquainted?

Cheers,
Kevin

On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 08:59:48PM -0400, Will Coleda (will at coleda.com) pontificated:

> On Jun 3, 2006, at 5:51 PM, Ryan Hall wrote:
>
> > Hi, there everyone.  This is my first time writing to the group list.
> > I am semi-new to this area, and have used Linux (and windoze) for a
> > long
> > time now, but I have only recently started learning PERL and it is
> > very
> > interesting!
>
> FYI, it's Perl, not PERL. Some people get persnickety about it.
>

> > I need to know, are there any local meetings in the Albany capital
> > area?
> >

> We haven't had a local meeting in many months now. There's typically
> trouble scheduling something that more than a few people can get to.]
>
> > And, can anyone give me a ride to meetings, when they happen?
> >

> This has been arranged in the past.
>
> > I have never attended a PERL group before, and I was starting to learn
> > PERL recently, and I would REALLY LOVE to learn more!  I feel that in
> > order to expand my skill set, to learn PERL and BASH scripting too,
> > would be very ideal for me...
>

> > For those who can help ...  And, there MIGHT BE 1 FREE COPY of this
> > month's new issue of Linux Journal magazine, in it for you!   ;-)
> > (unless it otherwise gets taken by a previous offer that I made to
> > other
> > people ... They sent me 2 copies of the same issue this month, weirdly
> > enough ...)   I CAN also pay for gas / recompense, if wanted.
> >
> > I live on 23 Garner street, 2nd floor, here in Cohoes (only 20 minutes
> > outside of Albany.  Is anyone that attends any meetings, near to
> > me, here?
> >
> > A BIG THANKS to anyone who can help, in advance ....   :-)
> >
> > PS:  I am referring to any "frequent" (??) and local Albany, NY
> > ("Capital-area") based PERL-monger meetings, not to that big one in
> > Chicago!  lol
> >

> Yah, not so frequent, or regular, at the moment.
>
> Let's plan on having one sometime in July, after the Chicago YAPC
> (several of us are attending that one), and perhaps we can roll into
> monthly meetings after that.
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Will "Coke" Coleda