[albany-pm] Perl Golf, November Meeting

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Fri Oct 22 09:25:10 CDT 2004

I've developed a Perl Golf Contest for the November meeting, which is currently
being beta tested by a few people. I'll try to generate one per meeting, and
we can spend some time dissecting the best score(s).

(For some samples done by others, see http://perlgolf.sourceforge.net/)

We don't have the infrastructure at the moment to have an online
leaderboard, but we can simulate it, especially given our small audience and
large time lines.

I'll also give a small (15m?) talk about how Perl Golf is actually a good
learning tool, and dissect one of the answers to a previous contest to show
it.

Anyone have any feedback on the meeting announcement? I so far have only
feedback from the speaker and the 4 people who came to the last meeting.