[albany-pm] October "Minutes", November Meeting

William Coleda will at coleda.com
Mon Oct 18 21:15:00 CDT 2004

October:

Five people (inc. myself) showed up at the October meeting at Professor Java's, a good sized crowd considering it was a meta meeting. =-) Even with the small turnout, there were a variety of skill sets, and a variety of expectations about what the group might be able to do.

A few of the ideas that were tossed around: presentations; mentoring; group "homework" (sponsoring the phalanx 100, contributing to CPAN or perl5/parrot/ponie development), tutorials.

And while Java's wireless network was fritzy, their caffeine was quite good. =-)

November:

The biggest TODO item that came out of the meeting was to find a room. After asking and asking and asking around, I've secured a room /and/ a projector for our next meeting.

The room (but /not/ the projector) is courtesy of RPI. - We'll be meeting in Sage 2112 on Friday, November 12th. I'll post directions on the website. Meeting will start at 7pm.

Our presentation will begin at 7:15. I have made a deal with the author of the Readonly module

L<http://search.cpan.org/~roode/Readonly-1.03/Readonly.pm>

to give us a presentation. Details still to be ironed out (including the length of the presentation - once I have that, I can give you a close time for the meeting. =-), but the presentation will probably be about that module. ^_^

We'll have a list of options for possible presentations for the December meeting.

If you have any feedback regarding the date, please let me know, in general, what day of the week is good. Fridays happen to be great for scheduling rooms at RPI, because all the students are apparently away. They also were good for the 5 of us that met on the last Friday meeting. =-)

Also the location - I hunted around with five of us that met, and RPI was the easiest (and cheapest!) to reserve.

Anyone that happens to be on campus, please spread the word about the meeting. (Please have people RSVP so I can tell if we're going to overbook the room. (yah, right. =-)).