YAPC Road trip

clark.cooper at ps.ge.com clark.cooper at ps.ge.com
Tue May 15 08:10:26 CDT 2001

I'm forwarding this information I got from the people planning the YAPC road
trip:

YAPC::America::North (http://www.yapc.org/America) will be in Montreal June
13-15.  And for the third year PHILLY.pm and NY.pm are planning a road trip.

A survey can be found at
http://JustAnotherPerlHacker.org/cgi-local/yapc/survey.pl. If you will be
going to YAPC and passing through Albany or starting in New England, please
complete this form so we can coordinate travel arrangements.  You will still
need to arrange for a place to stay and go to the YAPC registration page
(http://na-register.yapc.org) to sign up for the conference.  If you want to
be in the dorm they strongly suggest you sign up by May 12.

The final details, like how many cars we have, where we will meet, and how
much it will cost will be worked out in early June.  But if you budget $75
you will be able to afford a seat.  One plan under consideration is to rent
one or more 15 seat full size vans for the week.  Including gas and mileage,
it is possible to rent one for $900 in Philadelphia.  It is believed that it
will cost more in New York, so we may arrange for vans to be rented further
south and pick up NY.pm.  Question 2 asks about your age because renting the
van will cost extra if we allow drivers under 25.

A new mailing list "pm-road-trips" has been set up to discuss the plan.  To
sign up go to http://vorpal.jabberwock.org/mailman/listinfo/pm-road-trips
or send email mailto:pm-road-trips-request at jabberwock.org.

Thank you for considering making your YAPC experience a little longer and
spending some time on the road with other Perl Mongers.

R. Geoffrey Avery
Cruise Director, Philly.pm
mailto:yapc at JustAnotherPerlHacker.org

Clark Cooper
GE Power Systems, Bldg 40 241H
Schenectady, NY 12345
(518) 385-2291