Perl Mongers' meeting Thursday May 17

clark.cooper at ps.ge.com clark.cooper at ps.ge.com
Mon May 14 10:30:06 CDT 2001

Hello you Perl Mongers,

I'm calling a meeting for Thursday May 17, 6:30 pm at the Albany Pump
Station (a.k.a. C.H. Evan Brewing Co.) at 19 Quackenbush Square in Albany.
The way I get there is to take 787 to the Clinton Ave. exit in Albany. Go
north on Broadway a block and take a right on Spencer. The Pump Station and
its parking lot are on the right (the parking lot curves around under the
I787 overpass - there's more parking than is first visible as you turn into
their parking lot.)

I've been giving a perl tutorial at GE to the Unix team and hope to lure
some of them to the meeting.

We should talk about YAPC 2001 (Yet Another Perl Conference), which is
taking place at McGill University in Montreal. It takes place June 13-15.
The conference registration fee is only $85 and (if you wish) you can
register a room at the dorm for around $25 a night. Visit their website at
http://www.yapc.org/America/ to find more about it. The New York &
Philadelphia PM groups are planning a road trip that will pass through
Albany and we might want to participate.

Jack Chastain & I went to the first YAPC at Carnegie-Mellon in 99 and Jack
went last year. This conference is well worth the trip as it represents a
chance to meet and talk with various perl luminaries (like Larry Wall, Tom
Christiansen, Randal Schwartz, Jon Orwant, and many more.)

Clark Cooper
GE Power Systems, Bldg 40 241H
Schenectady, NY 12345
(518) 385-2291