[Aberdeen-pm] Quick perl fix needed

Mark McRitchie mark at arricc.net
Sat Mar 11 03:31:42 PST 2006

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Gavin Henry wrote:
> > Into an associative array eg:
> I think you mean a hash.

Different names for the same thing :P

> > Is there a quick way to do this? Yes its an XML string, but I want to do
> > it without having to use any extra packages...
>
> The quick way is to use a module, as many people have worked on the
> various XML ones, hence are more accurate and bug free compared to what we
> could write ;-)

I don't want to use any extra modules as that would involve remastering
the CD we use to build our PCs with to include the extra modules.

It was the quickest and easiest way we could think of to get a very basic
linux to query our SQLServers.

I may make a request to the project to add XML modules to the next
version.

Mark.