[ABE.pm] [dfwpm at internetalias.net: [pm_groups] Announcement - Dallas/Ft Worth Perl Mongers Hackathon Invitational]

Ricardo Signes perl.abe at rjbs.manxome.org
Tue Dec 17 19:07:19 PST 2013

----- Forwarded message from Tommy Butler <dfwpm at internetalias.net> -----

Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 20:06:23 -0600
From: Tommy Butler <dfwpm at internetalias.net>
To: PM Groups <pm_groups at pm.org>
Subject: [pm_groups] Announcement - Dallas/Ft Worth Perl Mongers Hackathon
	Invitational

I just ran this announcement on Google+ and PerlMonks.org.  If you have
a blog or facebook account you could share the news there as well.  We'd
appreciate it.  All groups are invited:

*ANNOUNCEMENT*

You could call it the DFW.pm's "Winter of Code". You could call it a
contest. You could call it fun. You could call it Perl...

...And you'd be right!

DFW.pm (now joined by New York's NY.pm)  is holding in a competition
that runs from now until January 8th when the code of each competitor
will be pitted against the others in a live Google hangout world-wide
Perl Mongers meeting.

The aim of the competition is to "deduplicate" 100 gigabytes of random
file data, using Perl, as fast as possible. If your code can do it the
fastest, without killing the contest server, you win. The winner gets to
choose the topic of the next hackathon competition (and/or host it), and
gets the recognition of having won a world-wide competition in Perl.

*The competition is open to all*, provided a few criteria are met which
establish legitimacy of participation. If you want to compete, YOU'RE
INVITED!

Full details can be read on the dfw.pm.org <http://dfw.pm.org/> website.

The contest is discussed on The DFW.pm mailing list
<http://mail.pm.org/mailman/listinfo/dfw-pm>

The hackathon was organized by Tommy Butler and John Fields of Dallas,
TX, and is being hosted by the Dallas Makerspace.  Our resources are
finite, so we may have to stop accepting entries if server load gets too
high.  Get your notice of intention to participate to the mailing list asap.

--Tommy Butler

Request pm.org Technical Support via support at pm.org

pm_groups mailing list
pm_groups at pm.org