[ABE.pm] review of last night's hacking

Faber J. Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Fri May 9 06:38:23 PDT 2008

On 08/05/08 22:35 -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> > Actually, I'm more interested in some of your programming techniques,
> > like the *_PATTERNS/dispatch table trick.  I want to see what else
> > you've got hidden in there.
>
> I could've sworn I posted about that here.  I guess not, though.
>
>   http://rjbs.manxome.org/rubric/entry/1564

Not the named capture stuff, this stuff:

    my ($pattern, $method) = @MSG_PATTERNS[ $i, $i + 1 ];
    next unless $msg =~ /\A$pattern\z/;
    my $result = $self->$method({%+});

I never thought to A) put a regex in the first index(?) of an array and
B) I didn't know you could use a variable name as a method call like that.

Where does '{%+}' come from?  Is that the Moose stuff?

Faber Fedor
President
Linux New Jersey, Inc.
908-320-0357