[ABE.pm] OT: Bookstores

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 15:35:47 PST 2008

On Wednesday 09 January 2008 04:30 pm, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 03:01:35PM -0500, Faber J. Fedor wrote:
> > I need to pick up a Python book, preferably an O'Reilly one.  Is there a
> > bookstore between me and you guys that I can stop at on my way to the
> > meeting tonight?
> >
> > The only place I know that might have a bookstore is in that shopping
> > mall on 33(?).
>
> Considering the meeting's being held in a library, perhaps you could
> try to borrow a python book? :)

Hmm, not all that bad an idea despite how far away you live--you can borrow
most books for three weeks and then renew them one time, so it would be six
weeks until you needed to get it back--if worst comes to worst, you could
mail it back.

Hmm, I'm not sure whether you'd have any difficulty joining since you don't
live locally--I've joined libraries in places I used to travel to, but in
some cases I had to pay.

If you lived elsewhere in Pennsylvania there is sort of a cooperative
agreement that at least lets your local library borrow books from other
libraries in the state if your local library doesn't have a book--I don't
know if that extends to those other libraries extending you borrowing
privileges at their library.  It seems like it should, but ...

Randy Kramer

Randy Kramer