[ABE.pm] Anyone for hackathon?

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Wed Aug 27 19:17:05 PDT 2008

Perl friends:

Over the last couple of years I've occasionally spoken with members
of Philadelphia.pm and ABE.pm about the possibility of organizing an
East Coast hackathon.  So far nothing has come of that, but I'd like
to mention that the idea is alive (if only in my own mind!).

I've thought of the Philadelphia metro area as a possible location
for a hackathon for two reasons, one general, one personal:  (a) The
costs of space for a hackathon would probably be a lot less in your
area than mine (NYC); (b) It would provide me with an excuse to get
out of town for a weekend.

Location?  TBD
Dates?  TBD
Format/focus?  TBD -- though I suspect Parrot and Perl QA would be
included

If you are interested in working on such an event, write me off list
at jkeen at verizon döt net.  At this point, I'm simply collecting
names and addresses of interested parties.  It would be helpful if
you included your general terrestrial location as well.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan