[ABE.pm] curriculum ideas

Ricardo SIGNES perl.abe at rjbs.manxome.org
Tue Aug 12 15:31:03 PDT 2008

* "Faber J. Fedor" <faber at linuxnj.com> [2008-08-12T18:13:35]
> So I'm looking for ideas on what to do with these guys.  I'm looking for
> interesting ideas to go over and/or hack together.  I'm going
> to pour over HOP and "Advanced Perl Programming" for ideas.  A few
> things I've already come up with are complex data structures (AoA, HoH,
> etc.), caching of data, and some more complicated examples of closures.
> Have them debug a Perl script that's *really* tricky/buggy ?

Moose.  mro.pm

Inside-out objects.  Hash::Util::FieldHash.  overload.pm

Class::Classless.  Smartmatching, ~~ overloading, and Smartmatch::Sugar.

Design patterns.  Java programmers LOVE design patterns.
http://perldesignpatterns.com/?PerlDesignPatterns

Exception objects with Exception::Class.

Cycles, ref weakening, and cycle/loop detectors.

Test::Class.  (Tell them "it's like jUnit.")