[ABE.pm] Great pun

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Wed Nov 14 07:51:12 PST 2007

I love xkcd, but sadly there's a glaring error in the last panel of
yesterday's strip.  It really doesn't make sense to talk about the
lower bound of anything being O(n log n).  Big-O notation refers to
*upper* bounds, not lower bounds.  I know that lots of CS people tend
to toss around big-O to mean all sorts of stuff, but that doesn't
strike me as a mistake that Knuth would make.

Walt