[ABE.pm] mail problems

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org
Thu May 17 18:44:01 PDT 2007

* "Faber J. Fedor" <faber at linuxnj.com> [2007-05-17T21:06:51]
> Alice logons to her AOL account from home in the morning and sends me an
> email.  Later, at work, she logons to AOL, finds out that her email to
> me has been rejected by my server as spam.  She thens forwards the email
> to me and it gets through. WTF?

I'd need to know more about the rejecting server's configuration.  It's unusual
for mail to be rejected based on SpamAssassin scores, as SA is usually used
after acceptance to determine whether or not (and where) to deliver a message.
To use it for rejection, you'd have to do "accept then send DSN" which is
obnoxious.

>  HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_16=1.047, HTML_MESSAGE=3, MIME_QP_LONG_LINE=0.039,
>  NO_REAL_NAME=3]

What's the HTML_IMAGE_ONLY rule?  HTML with only image tags?  Perhaps the
forward contained text.