[ABE.pm] Looking for a development enviroment

Faber J. Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Tue May 8 17:36:55 PDT 2007

It looks like I'm getting back into development (yeah!) doing
distributed webapps (YEAH!) for clients.  I'm thinking I'll be doing a
mix of technologies: Dojo (an AJAX library) and maybe PHP on the front
end, the occasional CGI scripts in Perl on the backend, throw in MySQL
and do it all (development and deployment) on Linux boxen of course.
Oh!  And how about some Ruby On Rails!

Does anyone have suggestions for a good programming enviroment?

Currently, it's just me and (text-based) vim.  I'm looking for something
to make me more productive; read as "debug faster and spend less time
fiddling with pretty front ends and deploy faster".

Faber Fedor
President
Linux New Jersey, Inc.
908-320-0357