[ABE.pm] Storable.pm and MySQL - Example

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Wed Mar 28 15:24:59 PDT 2007

On 3/28/07, Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org> wrote:
> * "Faber J. Fedor" <faber at linuxnj.com> [2007-03-19T19:53:20]
> > This program shows the problem.  Be sure to add your own MySQL parms
> > near the top.
> >
> > Step through this and look at the table after you INSERT the data and
> > look at $frozen.  They are not the same value.
> >
> > Why $melted_popsicle is undef at the exit(0) is another problem.
>
> Still interested in why this is broken?  I haven't looked at it yet...

Yes.  I've stayed with JSON but it is rather slow; it takes up to to
30 seconds to load the page.  I believe Storable has less overhead,
but it's just a belief.

I've had my hands full with hardware problems, verifying the algorithm
used in the reports and moving it into production, slowness and all.

--

Faber