[ABE.pm] [jand at activestate.com: RE: perl 5 and CLR (.NET)]

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Sat Dec 15 15:00:35 PST 2007

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 02:48:24PM -0500, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> * Tom Freedman <tfreedman at iqep.com> [2007-12-15T14:23:21]
> > The COM+ 2.0 thing was amusing.  But I was more interested to hear that there
> > was ever an attempt at implementing the Perl engine in a Microsoft tech.  I
> > thought it hadn't even been tried.
>
> I believe that a guy I know is attempting to do something related to
> Parrot/Perl6 and CLR/.NET.  I don't know the details.
>
> Perl 6 is designed to be less crazy about being portable, but more crazy in
> other ways.

I vaguely remember there being a Perl COM component back in the late
90s, but I don't think I ever tried it out.  I'm not up on all the
Microsoft buzzwords these days, but Activestate's says their Perl Dev
Kit can create ActiveX and .NET applications and components:

http://www.activestate.com/Products/perl_dev_kit/

Walt