[ABE.pm] remote admin module?

Ted Fiedler fiedlert at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 04:58:15 PDT 2007

I second the IPC::Run recommendation. In the past I have used
IO::Socket to create a service, IPC::Run to handle the running of
system code and Crypt::CBC to encrypt the commands sent over the wire
if necessary. I looked around for some code, but all I have is some
really crappy code I wrote in a pinch.

Have you ever looked into cfengine? I would usually only recommend it
if you're maintaining LOTS of servers and you have total control over
the boxes - but it may work for you?

http://www.gnu.org/software/cfengine/

Ted

On 4/26/07, Faber J. Fedor <faber at linuxnj.com> wrote:

> I'm writing a Perl script wherein I have to set IP addresses, routing
> tables, etc. on local and remote machines.
>
> I'm planning on just gathering up the info and using Net::SSH::Perl to
> do my stuff.
>
> Anyone have any better ideas?
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Faber Fedor
> President
> Linux New Jersey, Inc.
> 908-320-0357
> 800-706-0701
>
> http://www.linuxnj.com

"You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it's going to rise tomorrow. "
  -- Robert M Pirsig