[ABE.pm] remote admin module?

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Thu Apr 26 19:36:39 PDT 2007

On 4/26/07, Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org> wrote:

> * "Faber J. Fedor" <faber at linuxnj.com> [2007-04-26T21:13:24]
> > I'm writing a Perl script wherein I have to set IP addresses, routing
> > tables, etc. on local and remote machines.
> >
> > I'm planning on just gathering up the info and using Net::SSH::Perl to
> > do my stuff.
>
> If you're doing it on Linux,

Like I'd attempt this on anything but!

It's an interesting project: an implementation of "direct routing" (alittle
more complicated than this (
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/VS-DRouting.html) which I view as
"commercial IP spoofing".  You, the end user, surfs to videos.linuxnj.com.
The packets are rerouted to router.jcap.com, a Linux-based router which
redirects them to videos.jcap.com which does the actual hosting of linuxnj's
videos. www.jacp.com sends the packets back to you with video.linuxnj.com's
IP address in the packets. What I'm writing is the program that sets up
videos.linuxnj.com, router.jcap.com and videos.jcap.com.

Supposedly it can all be done with scripts (as opposed to kernel modules).

there may be modules to do a bunch of that stuff.

Which is why I'm asking here. :-)  I've looked around but haven't seen
much.

There's http://search.cpan.org/~dpates/IPTables-IPv4-0.98/IPv4.pm

Interesting, but it looks to be local only.

I'd probably skip Net::SSH::Perl and use ssh and IPC::Run or something,
> but...
> it's hard to say.

Again, seems to be local only.

--