[ABE.pm] printing to a variable

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org
Mon May 22 22:16:19 PDT 2006

* "Faber J. Fedor" <faber at linuxnj.com> [2006-05-23T00:54:42]
> I'm missing something here.  What's the diff between TT
> (Template-Toolkit, right?) and Template.pm (Text::Template)? Their docs
> both start out the same (with a form letter wanting to break $someone =
> 'Bill Gates' legs) so I figured they were one in the same.
>
> Do they handle loops differently?  That's where most of my work is for
> this report.

I don't see where you're seeing anything like that for Template::Toolkit.  Are
you looking at docs here:

  http://search.cpan.org/dist/Template-Toolkit/

Text::Template is an incredibly simple, lightweight templating system that uses
embedded Perl to give you the full power of Perl in simple templates.

Template Toolkit is a little language that provides an extremely extensible and
comprehensive system for building templates.  Text::Template is tiny.  Template
Toolkit is grand.

Both make looping trivial.