[ABE.pm] Finding my own objects

Faber J. Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Wed May 17 10:30:31 PDT 2006

On 17/05/06 13:17 -0400, Michael C. Toren wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 01:05:17PM -0400, Faber J. Fedor wrote:
> > I like to keep my Perl modules in the $MY_LIBPATH directory.  In each of
> > my programs I have
> >
> > use lib $ENV{MY_LIBPATH} || die "\n$MY_LIBPATH is not set! Arrgh!\n";
>
> Any reason not to just use $PERL5LIB, or $PERLLIB?

The reason is that moving from development to QA to production entails
moving the code from one home dir to another.  IOW, development is done
by user 'faber', testing is done by 'qa' and production is run by
'prodn' all on the same machine so I need separate paths for each.

BTW, should $PERL5LIB or $PERLLIB be empty?

Faber Fedor
President
Linux New Jersey, Inc.
908-320-0357