[ABE.pm] Net::Flickr:;Backup woes

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org
Thu Dec 21 05:55:06 PST 2006

* Geoffrey Young <geoff at modperlcookbook.org> [2006-12-21T08:24:35]
> I haven't tried Net::Flickr::Backup, but I was never able to figure out
> the auth bits and get other flickr apis to work, so I ended up with
> MIME::Lite:
>
>   http://use.perl.org/~geoff/journal/29409

I had no problem with Flickr::Upload... once I figured out that auth thing.
All the Flickr API bits talk about getting auth tokens, but nothing seems to
adequately explain how to get one.  Finally I noticed that the flickr_upload
script included code to get one, so I used that.

I wrote a script to upload images from my jgal-created galleries to Flickr,
with tags, description, and other stuff:

  http://rjbs.manxome.org/hacks/perl/jgal2flickr

Tagging was essential, since I was uploading about 2000 photos and needed to
identify what had been in what batch.

I'm hoping that this has prepared me for getting the backup working.  I don't
want to lose any notes, set definitions, comments, and soo n.