[ABE.pm] I'm a Mac user!

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Fri Aug 18 08:52:31 PDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 11:06:32PM -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> I use Graphviz.app, which is old but sufficient.  I actually don't use the GUI
> much, but it has the cli tools in it.

I tried the gui once but it didn't seem terribly useful.  Graphviz is
really just a little language for creating graphs.  It doesn't feel
all that weird (at least to me) to "compile" it to postscript then
look at it in gv.  Also doing it this way has the advantage of being
the same way you'd use it on a Linux box.

> I haven't had LaTeX on my Mac for a while.  There used to be some ridiculous
> i-Installer thing to install it.

Yeah, there seem to a whole bunch of different versions of LaTeX for
the Mac.  The main advantage of using tetex to me is its similarity to
using it on Linux.

No matter which LaTeX you've got, once you have it installed you can
use cool tools like LaTeXiT[1].

Walt

1. http://ktd.club.fr/programmation/latexit_en.php