[ABE.pm] Running perl inside of perl

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Wed Feb 23 07:21:21 PST 2005

Currently, I'm running several Perl scripts via a shell script but that
doesn't give me the flexibility that I want wrt return codes and using
my Perl library/module functions.

How can I run these Perl scripts from inside of another Perl script?  I
could use system(), but that's not much better (better but not much) than
a shell script, IMO. I deally, I'd like to run them kinda like
functions, but they're not functions and I'm not going to rewrite them
at this stage.

Is there a way to do this other than shelling out?

Faber

Linux New Jersey: Open Source Solutions for New Jersey