[ABE.pm] Proper module building

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Wed Apr 27 17:34:39 PDT 2005

Way back when I started this project I'm writing, rjbs suggested I put
my common functions into a Perl module.  Bowing to his superior wisdom,
I did just that and the whole thing is working out fine.

However, I'm wondering how to handle the growing number of functions in
my .pm.  Currently, I export 29 separate functions (I do that by pushing
the functions names onto an array and then exporting the array).

This method works perfectly fine, but I'm wondering if there is a better
way to handle this other than breaking my module up into smaller modules
and including all of the smaller modules in my programs or am I doing it
the Proper Way?

Faber Fedor
President
Linux New Jersey, Inc.