[ABE.pm] Perl Expect modules?

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Mon Oct 11 22:50:02 CDT 2004

I'm putting together a (coupla?) system(s) that involves ftp downloads
using Expect, database loads using (ugh!) MySQL's LOAD DATA INFILE and
some Perl scripts using DBI to modify data before loading it.  For the
previous two, I'm using bash to tie things together (or in one case,
using Perl as a shell program).

I'm wondering (and asking youse guys) if there is a Perl module that does
what Expect does, e.g. handles interactive programs like ftp. Also, is
there a better interface to RDBMS' than DBI or Classes::DBI (e.g. that
take advantage of LOAD INFILE and other RDBMS features which aren't
shell-based)?

BTW, how did tonight's meeting go?  I learned about it (thanks, Phil!)
after I drove back from North Hampton/Northhampton and didn't feel like
driving back out to Allentown again.

Faber

Linux New Jersey: Open Source Solutions for New Jersey