[ABE.pm] recent code

Lidie Steve sol0 at lehigh.edu
Sun Jul 4 21:02:05 CDT 2004

On Jul 1, 2004, at 6:57 PM, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:

> Anybody up to anything exciting?
>
> I've actually been writing code, which is nice.  That is, I'm not just
> doing crappy work code that's all about fixing employment records or
> automating finance reports.  Yay!
>
> * http://search.cpan.org/~rjbs/Acme-ProgressBar-1.001/

OK, you asked for it!

1) request an example that one can run before installation

2) so I came up with this:

  perl -Mblib -e  'use Acme::ProgressBar; progress {sleep 5}'

it took 47 seconds to execute, so I am confused

although all being equal I would have tought this would have performed
similarly:

  perl -Mblib -e  'progress {sleep 5}'

but it didn't compile

>   As I threatened to do at YAPC, I released Acme::ProgressBar, and it
>   works as described.  Someone told me he was going to write
>   Acme::ProgressBar::Simple, which is a frightening idea.

always willing to stress test someone else's code ...