[ABE.pm] Got any good data structures handy?

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Fri Dec 10 20:47:28 CST 2004

In this mass of programs I'm bothering you guys with, I'm generating a
far amount of data.  In one section, I'm generating the min, max, avg,
and sum of 24 variables.  Both the numbers to be generated and the
variables to generate from will increase in the future.

Well, the client wants to see graphs of this data.  I figure I'll just
pull the data down, run it through Chart::Graph::Gnuplot, dump the
grpahs to separate directies each day and generate an index.html page in
each dir.

Then I got to thinking about the data structure that needs to hold the
title of each graph, the X and Y axes labels of each graph, the style
for each graph, etc.  I'm thinking of a hashref.  You?

Then there's the matter of storing the data structure to disk.  Should I
put it into a MySQL DB?  An XML file?

I know, I could put everything in an array and store it in a CSV file in
Swahili, but I'm looking for something fun and interesting to do. Any cool
and fun ideas for this?

Faber

Linux New Jersey: Open Source Solutions for New Jersey