[za-pm] Programming position available

Francois Marais marais.f at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:33:24 PDT 2011

Hi there

This is a call for Perl programmers wanting to further their careers in
a new application area.

Based in Cape Town, Busii BI Integrators is a small group of experienced
practitioners with a professional yet pragmatic approach to providing
solutions that meet its client's information requirements. We provide a
full range of BI consulting and data warehouse implementation services
and have some of SA's largest corporates in our recent client portfolio.

We are looking for an ETL and report developer. This is a flexible
distance work position and a good opportunity to build your data
warehouse and ETL experience. The development team is located in Cape
Town, while the clients are situated in Johannesburg and Western Cape.
Occasional travel will be required.

Responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with business analysts to understand specifications
- Development of SQL reports
- Design and development of ETL scripts
- Testing
- Documentation
- Some operational support of batch jobs in production

We need someone with strong problem-solving skills, who is
self-motivated, eager to learn and has the ability to rapidly assimilate
new concepts.

Some experience is required in the following areas:
- Linux/Unix shell and editors
- SQL in a reporting environment
- Most importantly - Perl

Remuneration will be market-related and commensurate with level of
experience.

SA work permit holders or permanent residents only.

Please send me your CV off list if you are interested.

Regards
Francois Marais