[za-pm] question on 'use ' in principle

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Sun Jan 23 05:32:16 PST 2011

Hello,

(Edoardo, how are you doing with Mojolicious. I had a quick look at the
site today only, but I could find nothing on Dancer).

Is there anyone out there working throught the Diment & Trout
DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO CATALYST book? My query comes from there but is a
query in principle.

If I have a working .pl file (LolCatalyst/Lite/Translator.pm) and can
succesfully run tests on my app to date thus : $ prove -lv t/ , then ...

If I take a subroutine from the working .pl file and place it in
another .pm file (LolCatalyst/Lite/Translator/LOLCAT.pm) in a lower
level dedicated directory, and then add in to the initial .pl file a
'use' thus:

use LolCatalyst::Lite::Translator::LOLCAT;

should the tests still run. ie. should the use line refer the subroutine
request to the original .pm file down to the new one if the sub is no
longer in the original .pm file?

we are having trouble here!

thanks in advance
Anne