[za-pm] perl highlight mode in gedit & Vim

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Wed Sep 29 12:33:15 PDT 2010

Hello,

Second take.

Actually vim is better behaved than I described, its perl highlighting
puts all the pod elements and comments in one common colour, which
behaviour stays the same irrespective of the location of the __END__
token, it is in gvim that the elements (like head1) are in a
distinctive colour that evaporates if the __END__ token precedes them.

So I think that gedit just has its little ways. The loss of
highlighting made me think I had something wrong, that was really the
issue that threw me.

Anne