[Za-pm] paths in @INC global special array

Tielman de Villiers tvilliers at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 15:03:07 PDT 2008

2008/10/23 Anne Wainwright <anotheranne at fables.co.za>:

> # which perl   --> /usr/bin/perl
>
> anotheranne at Pandora:~$ PERL5LIB=""        # I just unset it so
> anotheranne at Pandora:~$ perl -V
> Can't locate Config.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .).
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
> anotheranne at Pandora:~$
>
> obviously if I have $PERL5LIB set, then the output is much greater with all sorts of stuff re perl, with it unset all you get is what is shown above.

Is this the vendor supplied perl, or did you build it yourself, and
what does Config.pm say about how your perl was compiled, eg, the
values of archlib etc?

Either way, it seems a reinstall/rebuild is on the cards:

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=190478
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=460342

--tielman