[Za-pm] Getting DBD::mysql installed

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Wed Oct 15 23:51:12 PDT 2008

Tielman, hi again,

Thanks for help so far.

I sorted out the interaction between Makefile.PL and the password to gain access to mysql.

Now the make test goes so far but no further.

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:17:52 +0100
Tielman wrote:

|> Ok, the problem seems to be your version of Test::More. Upgrade it to
|> Test-Simple-0.80 and try the tests again:

Installed that, as suggested.

# Makefile.PL		:)
# make			:)
# make test		:(

now the output is (see end at t/76 where it stops

root at Pandora:/home/anotheranne/linux-downloads/DBD-mysql-4.008# make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/00base....................ok
t/10connect.................ok
t/20createdrop..............ok
t/25lockunlock..............ok
t/29warnings................ok
t/30insertfetch.............ok
t/31insertid................ok
t/32insert_error............ok
t/35limit...................ok
t/35prepare.................ok
t/40bindparam...............ok
t/40bindparam2..............ok
t/40blobs...................ok
t/40catalog.................ok
        35/77 skipped: various reasons
t/40keyinfo.................ok
t/40listfields..............ok
t/40nulls...................ok
t/40numrows.................ok
t/40server_prepare..........ok
t/40server_prepare_error....ok
t/40types...................ok
        19/20 skipped: New Data types not supported by server
t/41bindparam...............ok
t/41blobs_prepare...........ok
t/42bindparam...............ok
t/50chopblanks..............NOK 15
#   Failed test '$name should not have blanks chopped'
#   at t/50chopblanks.t line 60.
#          got: ''
#     expected: ' '
t/50chopblanks..............NOK 22
#   Failed test '$name should not have blanks chopped'
#   at t/50chopblanks.t line 60.
#          got: ' a b c'
#     expected: ' a b c '
t/50chopblanks..............ok 29/29# Looks like you failed 2 tests of 29.
t/50chopblanks..............dubious
        Test returned status 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
DIED. FAILED tests 15, 22
        Failed 2/29 tests, 93.10% okay
t/50commit..................ok
t/55utf8....................skipped
        all skipped: SKIP TEST: You must have MySQL version 5.0 and greater for this test to run
t/60leaks...................skipped
        all skipped: Skip $ENV{SLOW_TESTS} is not set
t/65types...................ok
t/70takeimp.................skipped
        all skipped: This test is disabled
t/71impdata.................skipped
        all skipped: This test is disabled
t/75supported_sql...........ok
t/76multi_statement.........NOK 13
#   Failed test 'Second update had 2 warnings'
#   at t/76multi_statement.t line 50.
#          got: '0'
#     expected: '2'
t/76multi_statement.........ok 19/24

at this point it stops and stays stopped. Since all the previous tests zip by at lightning speed, a cup of coffee should see it through a sticky patch, but it doesn't so assume it is terminal.

I also notice these snippets from the Makefile.PL output (the first from the standard settings that it puts out first)

Use of uninitialized value in printf at Makefile.PL line 175, <PIPE> line 93.

Multiple copies of Driver.xst found in: /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4/auto/DBI/ /usr/lib/perl5/auto/DBI/ at Makefile.PL line 747
Using DBI 1.607 (for perl 5.008004 on i386-linux-thread-multi) installed in /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4/auto/DBI

--
so much to do, so little time :(