[Za-pm] DBI version (WIN2K3)

andre at jonker.nom.za andre at jonker.nom.za
Mon Mar 7 08:21:17 PST 2005

I've got an installation that had to be migrated from NT to WIN2K3 as an Apache
CGI. The oldest ActiveState MSI I could find is:
ActivePerl-5.6.1.635-MSWin32-x86.msi

This runs fine, but it also needs to connect to Oracle 8i. For this I have the
Oracle 8 and Oracle 7 clients (was like this for some old scripts that got
migrated). TNSPING works.

I do however now get the following error:
[Mon Mar 07 15:03:23 2005] [error] [client 149.185.67.11] Can't load
'c:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.dll' for module DBI: load_file:The specified
module could not be found at c:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 168.\n

This after I found the following two Oracle Modules that would install via ppm:
DBD-Oracle.tar.gz
DBD-Oracle8.tar.gz

I have tried various DBI versions, with DBI-0.89 being the oldest I could find.
Anything newer gives me connection warnings: "connect using 'old-style' syntax
is deprecated"

The current error I believe is still because of a version issue, or some related
conflict.

I am desperately looking for some older (Win32 compatible) versions of these
modules.

Any advice or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

ps. Win2K3 is full of permission hassles. I suppose its a good thing for MS, but
I had to give blanket permission grants for testing purposes. So this is not a
security issue. The error message is related to perl module version conflicts.

Ciao

AJ