No subject

Mon Aug 2 21:39:56 CDT 2004

this is my 4th month on Perl. Love it!

I'm a big Mandrake / OpenSource person, and refuse to use Microsoft
whenever/wherever. I'm usually loaded with a “complementary” Mandrake
9.1 CD set to hand out and preach OpenSource.

My main use for Perl at this stage is Perl/Tk, since I've seen the
great utilities that Mandrake created with Perl/GTK, and toyed a bit
with Tcl/Tk.

I'm still very new to programming / Perl so you may have to tolerate
my stupidity. I use “The Camel” but usually stay only in Chapter 1.
(Just to show how new I am @ this). For the Perl/Tk I use “Mastering
Perl/TK” great book for starters and advanced programming.