[Za-pm] HTTP requests from PERL

jan at sportz.co.za jan at sportz.co.za
Wed Nov 12 10:48:57 CST 2003

I hope that someone can give me some advise or direct me to further information:

I am currently working on a MOD that will enable SMS (Short Message Services) from a PERL based portal solution. In the process I have to interrogate a SMSC (Short Message Service Center) Server of one of the local Mobile Operators for available credits, routing path etc. All this interrogation is done via normal HTTP requests/commands. My problem is that my knowledge of PERL and HTTP is not enough (yet), so I am having quite a tough time. If anybody can put me on the right track, then I will be grateful:

How do I execute this HTTP command from within my PERL code (without using a HTML form), and how do I capture the response from the SMSC in a variable?

Any/all advice will be appreciated!

Regards
Jan