[Za-pm] perl -> MS SQLserver

Nico Coetzee nico at itfirms.co.za
Sun Jun 29 06:44:37 CDT 2003

On Thursday 26 June 2003 12:44, Oskar Pearson wrote:
> Hi
>
> > It's not the best software on earth, by the way - do some
> > extensive testing to ensure it's not giving you bogus results;
> > I've had problems with, for example, very very large numbers
> > being fed back wrong.
>
> Sorry to reply to my own reply. Just a note that the above was
> with freetds 0.53-7 - I don't know if later versions are
> better.
>
> http://www.freetds.org/
>
> Latest version is 0.61.

I am using this now, and it's stable and as fast as can be - except for MS SQL
Server of course :(

I use the DBD::Sybase module, and currently I am duplicating certain info from
the MS SQL Server to a MySQL server, because the MySQL server is much faster
for generating reports.

I haven't seen any weird results returned yet, so I belief it's safe.

Cheers

PS: Application Developpers of the world - DON'T use MS SQL Server - *please*

hehehe