missing yapc

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Sun Jun 18 06:28:37 PDT 2017

hi all,

i am sad that i will be missing yapc this year. i really wanted to be
there in the heart of the perl community to share good times with you.
i have only missed one yapc::na before. last year i was given amazing
support in a gofundme campaign (larry donated!) to get me to yapc. i so
appreciated that level of thoughtfullness. i just didn't feel i could
ask for that support again this year.

now i am asking for a different kind of support. it has been a very
tough year without work.
today is my birthday (yapc::na and my bday have often overlapped). my
request is for the community to gift me with an ideal perl job.

i will close with a comment by damian. in his book, perl best practices,
he wrote:

To Uri Guttman, for seeing things no one else did, in ways no one else
could.

i hope you have a great time at the arrival dinner tonight and for all
of yapc::na.

thanx,