unsubscribe

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Fri Apr 8 15:12:07 PDT 2016

I think most responders got it.

1.  Sending the "how to unsubscribe" reminder to the list (in addition to the
questioner privately) is a normal and common good practice for a long time.

2.  It also helps others who were also wondering how to unsubscribe.  For every
person who asks a question, there are many others who want to know but don't ask.

3.  It lets others know the question was answered so they don't have to.

4.  Since the original message was sent to the whole list, the individual
singled out themselves anyway.

This all being said, some mailing lists have an actual visible small footer
appended to list messages with subscription management / unsubscribe
instructions, and that might be useful to do for pm.org lists for people not
savvy enough to look at the typically hidden by default relevant mail headers.

-- Darren Duncan