good movie night

David H. Adler dha at pobox.com
Thu May 21 21:13:03 PDT 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 04:34:17AM -0400, Uri Guttman via yapc wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i am sure dave adler will be running some form of bad movie night. maybe one
> about a shark getting zapped by FOO rays and becoming the president of cuba!
> :)

I'll be bringing movies, as I'm sure will drforr. Any chance of making
this an official part of the conference again? I like that because it
means I don't have to find a room for it. :-)

> but if you recall, i selected a pretty well received double feature in
> austin, the president's analyst and the court jester. we won't be getting
> theater but we may be able to get a room with a projector (well, we can
> ask). my suggestion is a pair of noir like flicks. the first is a great
> british spy story set in london in the 60's and starring michael caine
> called the ipcress file. this is what james bond should have been and
> without the gadgets. the other is a modern classic that deserves to be seen
> multiple tiles, chinatown. it has jack nicholson at his peak alongside the
> dazzling fay dunaway as the femme fatale. 1000 whose line points to anyone
> that can actually explain the evil plot run by john huston!
>
> any interest in these two? of course i would have to ask dave to
> benevolently acquire the dvd's for these (i am sure he must have chinatown
> already! :).

Oddly, I own neither of these. I might get them before the conference.
If that doesn't happen, though, I will certainly have other "good" films
on hand. I have a decent sized hard drive,and I'm not afraid to use it!

dha

--
David H. Adler - <dha at panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
Truth for authority, not authority for truth!