arrival dinner idea

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Tue May 19 01:18:30 PDT 2015

On 05/19/2015 04:15 AM, drforr at pobox.com wrote:
> On 2015-05-19 09:57, Uri Guttman via yapc wrote:
>> hi all,
>>
>> i have been scoping out the area's restaurants and found a possible
>> easy place to do an arrival dinner with little fuss. it is called
>> charlie chow's and they have a dragon grill setup. you fill a bowl
>> with veggies noodles, meats and sauces and stuff from a food bar and
>> they grill it for you. boston has a similar place called fire and ice.
>> all you can eat setup as you can get new bowl and mix it up
>> differently. it is only 4 blocks from the hotel so we can walk there
>> en mass. any thoughts? i will wiki it up as a suggestion and signup
>> page. i say 7pm and we leave at 6:30 from the hotel. this is not a
>> group thing so i will not be selling tickets or anything. you cover
>> your own tab or table.
>
> +1 # "Dragon Grill" is also known as Mongolian barbecue, one of my
> known weaknesses. If they (properly) allow you to do your own
> seasoning, an additional +1 will be added :)

as i said, boston has an american version with a giant round grill they
cook all the food on. i have seen them in nyc and read about them
elsewhere. it allows major customization of your meal(s).
  this one claims to have 17 sauces you choose from for the grill. if
that is your own seasoning, they it is +1 for you.