Perl 6 talks (was: Re: YAPC::NA Schedule is available)

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Wed Apr 1 13:09:26 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 02:35:11PM -0400, John SJ Anderson via yapc wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 10:28 PM, Michael McClennen via yapc <yapc at pm.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Given the recent announcement that Perl 6 will be released by the end of
> > the year, I am very surprised that the schedule includes only 3 talks
> > listed under the Perl6 category.  (Plus, presumably, the Q&A with Larry on
> > Tuesday.)
> >

> For what it's worth, we accepted all the Perl 6 talks that were submitted,
> with the exception of two. Those two were both proposed by the same person.
> That person also proposed a number of Perl 5 talks, some of which were
> accepted.
>
> I'm making a concerted effort this year to keep the number of people giving
> more than one talk to an absolute minimum, in order to maximize the variety
> of people presenting.
>
> My understanding is that most of the highly active Perl6 developers are
> based in Europe. I would expect you'll see more Perl 6 talks at YAPC::EU.
> As others have noted, you'll probably also see more Perl 6 talks at
> YAPC::NA::2016 as well.

Larry's pretty recognizable, but the other Perl 6 people who will be
there are probably less so.  To encourage Michael and anyone else
interested in Perl 6 to find each other in the crowd and meet
informally, maybe we could do something like stickers on badges, or
getting everyone to stand up at the opening session, or something of
that sort?

Walt