YAPC::NA Arrival Dinner

bulk 88 bulk88 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 23 07:24:39 PDT 2014

________________________________
> Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 08:02:56 -0400
> To: faelin.landy at gmail.com; yapc at pm.org
> Subject: Re: YAPC::NA Arrival Dinner
> From: yapc at pm.org
>

> On 6/23/2014 8:01 AM, Dave Baker wrote:
> Almost definitely a scam. Its location is many miles away at Millenia
> Blvd., "Suite C" (for a pizza place?), and the last sentence is "NO
> REFUNDS!" in caps, in addition to "Credit Cards are Subject to a
> Processing Fee." Crazy-high prices, too.

Romanian and Russian at the top aren't exactly helping in the credibility of the business. Also the name of the pizza place is different on the flyer vs the internet yellow pages (denialability to law enforcement if they are caught? "some crooks stole our pizzeria's identity"). Assuming the flyer isn't outright phishing with VOIP to outside the USA, some of the mainstream news articles say the pizza is frozen from Costco or RD. Since this is a tourist mecca, repeat customers aren't needed for their business model. I seem to get a new flyer every day. Yesterday it was around 6 PM. I didn't catch the person (just curious).  Lower number on the flyer has no google hits. Upper number does.