YAPC::NA Arrival Dinner

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Wed Jun 18 22:34:43 PDT 2014

On 06/19/2014 12:41 AM, David H. Adler via yapc wrote:
> I've been put in charge of selecting the venue for the Arrival Dinner.
>
> I'm going to look into it and make a final decision, but in the
> meantime, if anyone knows the Orlando area at all, I'm open to
> suggestions.

organizing a caravan to a place can be difficult (and i know from cat
herding at several yapc events). just to be lazy as the signup count is
small so far, what about the restaurant in the doubletree? unfortunately
the hotel web site doesn't show a menu so we can't look at it in
advance. maybe someone who gets in before sunday could hightlight some
dishes and pricing.

i couldn't find the restaurant on yelp but i did find the hotel and
plenty of the reviews mention the restaurant. mixed from what i see and
one said pricy which is somewhat expected in a hotel. the room reviews
are all over the map but i am staying in the marriott courtyard. the
most common complaint is about thin walls and trains going right by and
blowing their horns due to a crossing there. ouch!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/doubletree-by-hilton-orlando-downtown-orlando-3

here are a few places close by:

this is 2 blocks away and looks interesting but pricy for some i would say

https://plus.google.com/100872227024340202172/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

on the same block is a japanese sushi place which looks good and seems
to have decent prices:
https://plus.google.com/117395062278009538225/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

most everything else i see is a long walk or short drive away. if we
still have a smallish group we can caravan.

thanx,

Uri Guttman - The Perl Hunter
The Best Perl Jobs, The Best Perl Hackers
http://PerlHunter.com